The project has drawn two different paths:
• Recording the field sound in the land to explore and investigate the acoustic identity
• Recreating a music performance using a live sound of the environment and editing it in real time
These works are supported by video documentation.
The SUNHOO Park is highly symbolic of China strong transformation: even the sound of the environment is in rapid and strong transformation. Concrete, asphalt, new roads and buildings are quickly engulfing nature: woods, fields and meadows.
Cement unveils a new acoustic atmosphere. The sound of nature echoes within the empty new building.
This same process took place in Ethiopia (February 2013) and will take place also in Iceland (April 2013).
• Performance duration: 40’
• Set up time: 3 hours
• Take down time: 1 hour
• PA system, quadraphonic with subwoofer
• XLR cannon cable connectors to connect mixer and PA System
• 4500 ANSI Lumen Video Projector
• Professional Monitor (4m X 3m minimum) (If not available the video can be projected over the wall)
• VGA cable connector (its length must cover the distance between the video projector and the laptop on the desk)
• Video projector support
• 3 hours before the performance
• 1 desk 200x80 cm
• 2 desks 100x80 cm
• Power source and electric MULTI